Acoustic and smoke leakage testing
Warringtonfire provides a broad range of independent acoustic and smoke leakage tests.
Our laboratory offers excellent facilities including:
- Our top of the range, high specification sound level meter
- Our omni-directional speaker
- Our 3m x 3m smoke leakage testing rig.
We are able to test the following products seeking to demonstrate sound insulation performance up to 58dB (Rw) or 73dB (Rw) against BS EN ISO 10140 series (which has replaced the BS EN ISO 140 series of standards):
- Doorsets (timber, composite, steel, aluminium and PVCu)
- Windows (timber, composite, steel, aluminium and PVCu)
- Glazing systems
- Penetration and linear joint seals
- Door and window seals
- Single and twin leaf partition systems
- Residential Park Homes to BS 8233 (18.104.22.168) & BS 3632 & to BS EN ISO 10140-2.
- The BS EN ISO 10140 series consists of the following standards:
- BS EN ISO 10140-1 - Laboratory Measurements of Sound Insulation of Building Elements
- BS EN ISO 10140-2 - Measurement of Airborne Sound Insulation
- BS EN ISO 10140-4 - Measurement Procedures & Requirements
- BS EN ISO 10140-5 - Requirements for Test Facilities & Equipment.
And in accordance to:
- BS EN ISO 717-1 Acoustics - Rating of sound insulation in buildings & of building elements.
We can also test to BS EN 1793-2:2018 Road traffic noise reducing devices. This test method is used for determining the acoustic performance and intrinsic characteristics of airborne sound insulation under diffuse sound field conditions.
Smoke leakage testing
We are also able to offer smoke leakage testing to the following standards:
- BS EN 1634-3 – Smoke Control Tests for doorsets and shutter assemblies, openable windows and elements of building hardware
- BS EN 12101-1 Annex C – Permeability of materials to smoke
- BS 8524-1 Annex F – Active Fire barrier assemblies – calculations of ambient temperature smoke leakage.
The tests we offer are smoke control tests for door and shutter assemblies, openable windows and elements of building hardware. The test determines the leakage of cold air from one side of a door assembly to the other, controlling the passage of smoke in case of fire.
Reaction to Fire
Find out how we help our customers to evaluate ignition, flame spread, heat release, smoke generation and toxicity for their materials, products and systems.
Find out more about how we can offer a range of fire inspection, consultancy and engineering to complement our other services.
Find out how about our a range of fire and non-fire third party certification to complement our other services.