Certifire is an independent third-party passive fire product certification scheme that assures performance, quality, reliability and traceability of products and systems. The Certifire brand is recognized by regulatory authorities worldwide as an international mark of fire safety across a diverse range of passive fire products.
Warringtonfire offers Certifire certification from both its UKAS accredited Warrington office in the UK and at its Melbourne office in Australia. From these locations, our expert certification teams can support customers across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
The benefit of Certifire
Certifire helps give the regulator, specifier, customer and end-user confidence with regards to the stated performance of the product, providing an informed choice when purchasing or selecting the product.
Choosing a product that carries the mark of a reputable third-party certification body gives assurance as to the performance of the products. Using certified products, correctly installed, provides a powerful demonstration that due diligences have been served.
Who is Certifire certification suitable for?
Certifire is suitable for manufacturers of passive fire products and systems, as it offers the opportunity to differentiate products and processes from non-certified equivalents, thus helping to access markets worldwide.
The scheme can also be useful to architects, specifiers, contractors and building owners, as Certifire provides reassurance that when correctly installed, the certified product should be fit for purpose and perform as required.
What does the Certifire certification process involve?
1. Evaluating – we analyse relevant test and assessment evidence to provide a clearly defined scope for certification of the product.
2. Factory production control (FPC) audits – an FPC audit is performed at each site where the product is produced for the specific regional market. The audit will be carried out in general accordance with ISO9001, along with the additional requirements of the Certifire scheme.
3. Sampling/Testing – during the FPC audit, where required under the scheme Technical Schedule, we may sample the product for testing purposes that will be used as evidence towards the product certification.
4. Producing and registering the certificate – the certificate is prepared based on supporting data, technical justifications, scope of approval, tests, and the results of the FPC audit. It will then be available for download from the Certifire product register. Promoting your newly achieved product certification (for example, in your e-shots and social media channels), in combination with Warringtonfire’s own ongoing promotion of the Certifire scheme, will help create positive brand awareness and reinforce the value of your certified products.
5. Completing a surveillance audit – a surveillance audit will be performed as per the duration given in the product standard or technical Schedule, if this is not specified then an audit will be performed every 12 months to ensure that the FPC systems continue to meet the qualification criteria.
6. Ongoing requirements – we will review the product certification every 5 years on application from the certificate holder.
7. Branding - certified products will carry the respected Certifire brand.
The online Certifire register lists all our certified products and systems. It includes the complete field of application for products thus enabling the specifier or enforcement authority to check the suitability of a product for the intended end-use application.
Check the Certifire database for a list of companies registered.
Passive fire product certification is the process of certifying that a product has passed relevant fire and/or quality assurance tests based on regional standards, along with additional criteria defined in the certification scheme. An important part of the Certifire scheme are our ongoing factory auditing requirements. These ensure that a mass-produced product maintains the same quality as its original tested product.
Find out how we test our customers passive fire protection products, to meet British, European and International standards in support of both CE marking and other third-party certification programs.
Find out more about how we can offer a range of fire inspection and engineering to complement our other services.
Reaction to Fire
Find out how we help our customers to evaluate ignition, flame spread, heat release, smoke generation and toxicity for their materials, products and systems.