Warringtonfire and the defence industry
Warringtonfire has been working with the defence industry for over 30 years. The breadth and depth of our full-service testing, inspection, certification and advisory services enable us to draw on global expertise from many different disciplines. This wealth of experience and diversity of knowledge allows us to create the most optimized, cost-effective solutions for your defence project.
Why fire safety in defence
The defence industry is often under greater scrutiny than most because it is usually government-funded and tasked with protecting people from dangers often unseen. This industry must work to the highest standards, and fire safety is vital in all that they undertake.
Who would benefit from Warringtonfire defence services
Our engaged experts can work on defence fire safety projects with:
- Emergency Services Officers
- Emergency response and rescue personnel e.g. Fire and rescue services and Road crash rescue teams
- Outsourced safety/emergency response trainers
- Site managers of high risk sites requiring specific fire safety engineering solutions and risk training
- Safety Advisors/Safety Officers
How can Warringtonfire help with your defence fire safety project
Warringtonfire can work with the defence industry to ensure that their budgets and timelines are met with the most significant attention to fire safety. From flammability, toxicity and smoke density testing of products used in defence site buildings, temporary structures and in the field, to fire safety engineering to ensure that all elements are fit for purpose and regulations and codes are adhered to, Warringtonfire works with you as a partner.
Warringtonfire fire safety engineering and defence
Warringtonfire has been engaged by the Australian Department of Defence for over 10 years to provide specialist advice in fire safety. Some of the services we have provided include:
- Primary consulting fire engineers with the Estate Planning Policy (EEP) Directorate of the Estate & Infrastructure Group (E&IG).
- Policy development – including as the primary consultant redrafting the Defence Manual of Fire Protection Engineering (MFPE) and the creation of the Building Works Manual (BWM). Our significant rewrite of the MFPE and the BWM were both adopted by Defence in August 2020.
- Developing guides, templates and related information for the fire safety section page of the Defence Estate Quality Management System (DEQMS).
- Giving audit and inspection advice.
- Reviewing and commenting on design documentation submitted through the Estate Governance and Integrity System (EGIS) process.
- Liaising with stakeholders.
- Providing Defence formatted correspondence.
- Reviewing performance solution and dispensation requests and providing comments to those reviews.
- Helping manage National Construction Code (NCC) performance solutions and MFPE dispensation requests.
For more information about our range of fire testing and fire safety engineering services for defence, click the links below or contact us today.
Defence Industry Services
Defense Fire Testing
Find out more about our defense fire testing services and how we are experienced working with the defense industry's demanding requirements.
Fire Resistance Reports and Assessments
Warringtonfire is able to help you create solutions for all your fire testing requirements and as part of this offering, we are able to provide a fire resistance assessments.
Product Assessment Reports
Find out how we are able to provide product assessment reports for passive fire protection as part of our wider offering to the fire sector.
Site Surveys for Passive Fire Protection
Find out how we are able to provide site surveys for passive fire protection as part of our wider offering to the fire sector.
Upgrading Fire Performance
Find out more about how we can help you upgrade the fire performance in your complex project.
BC(A)R Ancillary Assigned Certifier Services
Includes addressing design queries, undertaking site inspections and certification of the works.
CFD Fire Modelling
Solve equations regarding fluid flow and heat transfer from the growth and spread of fire.
Disability Access Certificate Application
Disability access certificate application, from initial design review to approvals stage.
Fire assessments are reports provided when a modification is made to a construction that has already been fire tested.
Fire Evacuation Modelling
Latest technology for fire evacuation modelling in order to create an economical and robust solution.
Fire Risk Assessment
Key fire safety disciplines enables us to provide the most comprehensive and insightful fire risk assessment.
Fire Safety Audit
Complete a fire safety audit to ensure your building project is fully compliant.
Fire Safety Certificate Application
Fire safety certificate application services for the Irish market.
Fire Safety During Construction
Fire safety during construction for all types of building projects.
Create a fire strategy in order to achieve the fire safety objectives for your construction project or completed building.
The Warringtonfire structural fire engineering team has the expertise and tools required to investigate the behaviour and response of structures or structural components exposed to fire.
Structural Fire Engineering
Support on your overall fire strategy including structural fire engineering.
Technical Due Diligence Fire Safety Surveys
Ensure your building is compliant with relevant building regulations.
Third Party Fire Systems Review
All facets of fire engineering, including third party fire systems review.
Third Party QA Services
Our Dubai DIP-2 laboratory is able to offer third-party QA services, acting as a second set of eyes to verify a high quality product, process or service provided