Aerospace fire testing
Warringtonfire operates aerospace fire testing from our reaction to fire laboratories in Frankfurt and Warrington.
Our DAkkS accredited Frankfurt laboratory is one of the few laboratories in the world that have the kerosene seat burner and is Airbus accredited, whereas the Warrington laboratory is UKAS accredited, both laboratories hold ISO / IEC 17025 accreditation.
The Frankfurt laboratory is officially recognized by the Luftfahrtbundesamt (LBA) and as such is authorized to conduct official aerospace fire testing in accordance with FAR 25.853.
Our aerospace fire testing capabilities include:
- Vertical fire test (12 s or 60 s) - FAR/JAR/CS 25.853 b(4), (Appendix F to part 25 part I § (a),(1) (ii)=12s, (i)=60s, respectively ABD 0031- 7.1.2)
- Smoke development test - FAR/JAR/CS 25.853 (d), (Appendix F to part 25, part V, respectively ABD 0031- 7.3.1)
- Toxicity test - ABD 0031- 7.4, BSS 7239
- Smoke development test - BSS 7238
- Kerosene burner test model seat - FAR/JAR/CS 25.853 (c, Appendix F to part II)
- Horizontal fire test (ignition time: 15 s) - FAR/JAR/CS 25.853 b(5), (Appendix F to part 25 part I § (a),(1) (iv) // (v), respectively ABD 0031- 7.1.3 // -7.1.4)
- 45° test according to FAR/JAR/CS 25.853 (d), (Appendix F to part 25, part I § (6) bzw. ABD0031- 7.1.5)
Why aerospace fire testing?
The fire behavior of a burning object influences the escape possibilities of people and if even if aerospace fire testing is not required by law, more and more insurance and official bodies require the monitoring and improvement of fire protection. For this purpose, certain fire tests are necessary.
In order to monitor the fire behavior, we can carry out various aerospace fire testing which measure the flammability, flame, heat and smoke development and the flue gases.
As one of the leading fire test laboratories, we not only help our customers to better understand and improve their product, but also gain market advantage over the competition.
Contact Details and Related Services
Find out how we test our customers passive fire protection products, to meet British, European and International standards in support of both CE marking and other third-party certification programs.
Find out more about how we can offer a range of fire inspection and engineering to complement our other services.
Find out how about our a range of fire and non-fire third party certification to complement our other services.