Automotive fire testing
Across our UK and German laboratories, Warringtonfire offers a wide range of automotive fire testing methods which have been developed by the motor industry to assess burning behavior. We offer numerous automotive fire testing services across fire, flammability and smoke testing standards to verify the performance of your automotive interior materials and fuel tanks.
Motor vehicles contain several components and materials used within the passenger compartment that can burn if subjected to a large enough ignition source. These components and materials need to have a degree of burn resistance so that occupants have time to escape the vehicle in the event of a fire.
Our automotive fire testing capabilities include:
- Fire testing for vehicle interiors materials according to: 95 /28 EG – IV, horizontal, ECE R118, Annex 6 (FMVSS 302, DIN 75200)
- Dripping testing according to 95 / 28 / EG-V, ECE R118, Annex 7 (UTAC St. 18-502/1, NF P 92-505)
- Fire testing for vehicle interiors according to: 95/28/Eg-V1, vertical, ECE R118, Annex 8
- Resistance test against fuel penetration, ECE R118, Annex 9
- Cable testing, ECE R118, Annex 10 (ISO 6722)
- ISO 3795 and any manufacturers specs
- BS AU 169A
- BS EN ISO 7840: 2004 Annex A Fire Resistance of fuel lines
- GB 8410 (China Republic)
- VDE 0471 Glow Wire
- ASTM D635
- ASTM 5133
- VSTD (Taiwan)
- Nissan M0094
- SAE J369
- HES D6003
- Specialist testing according to the specifications of various automotive manufacturers
Automotive fire testing - Fuel tank testing
Warringtonfire’s Frankfurt automotive fire testing laboratory is a DIN EN ISO / IEC 17025 accredited fire test laboratory and is officially recognized test center by the KBA and is our center of excellence for plastic fuel tank testing.
Plastic fuel tanks are becoming an increasingly common replacement for metal fuel tanks in vehicles. They offer a good alternative as they are less restrictive in shape and the construction provides manufacturers with the capability to meet the requirements of international regulations in this field. One of the most important requirements for a fuel tank is their resistance to fire.
Warringtonfire’s Frankfurt’s accredited automotive fire testing laboratory has the capability to perform fuel tank testing according to the following standards:
- Fire testing for plastic fuel tanks according to UN Regulation No. 34, Annex 5
Contact Details and Related Services
Contact us today on: email@example.com
Contact us today on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles and Blogs
Warringtonfire has a library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.
Find out how we test our customers passive fire protection products, to meet British, European and International standards in support of both CE marking and other third-party certification programs.
Find out more about how we can offer a range of fire inspection, consultancy and engineering to complement our other services.
Find out how about our a range of fire and non-fire third party certification to complement our other services.
Element, Warringtonfire’s parent company, is the number one provider of materials and product testing services to the transportation sector in North America and is an emerging global player in this innovative sector.