Construction fire testing services
Warringtonfire’s team of engaged experts offer a wide variety of services to the construction industry, one of the ways we support this sector is through our construction fire testing capabilities.
Our laboratories in High Wycombe and Warrington are UKAS accredited, our Australian laboratory is NATA accredited, our Gent laboratory is BELAC accredited and our Frankfurt laboratory is DAkkS accredited. Frankfurt is also certified by the DIBT (Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik) as an accredited test center.
Among other things, for construction fire testing we test building materials according to national, European and International standards.
Our construction fire testing is mainly to flammability standards with some smoke density according to:
European Specification EN 13501-1: Reaction to fire
- EN ISO 1182 Non-combustibility
- EN ISO 1716 Bomb calorimeter
- EN 13823 Single burning item (SBI)
- EN ISO 11925 Ignitability
- EN ISO 9239-1 Radiant panel test for floorings
- EN 13820 organic content
- EN 15725 and CEN/TS 15117: Extended application of test results (EXAP)
International ISO standards
- ISO 5560
- ISO 9705
- BS 476 Part 4 Non-combustibility
- BS 476 Part 1 Limited combustibility
- BS 476 Part 6 Fire propagation
- BS 476 Part 7 Spread of flame
French standards NF P 92-507
- NF P 92-501 Epiradiateur
- NF P 92-503 Bruleur electric
- NF P 92-504 Flame spread
- NF P 92-505 Dripping-test
- B2-test, DIN 4102-1
- B1-test, DIN 4102-1
- Brandschacht (Fire shaft), DIN 4102 -15, -16
- Flooring materials (Radiantpanel), DIN 4102-14
- Smoke development, DIN 4102-1, Annex A and B
- Non-combustibility oven, DIN 4102-1
Construction fire testing - Center of excellence for roof testing
There are many types of construction fire testing, fire resistance and reaction to fire tests both investigate the fire behavior of a construction element if it undergoes an attack from the inside. However, this cannot demonstrate how a roof, roof covering, or light dome reacts in the event of a fire attack from outside. These attacks can be caused by fire transfer from an adjacent burning building and / or by spread of flame from an outdoor fire.
Our laboratory in Gent is our center of excellence for roof testing. In the European classification system according to EN 13501-5, this type of construction fire testing is split into four different test methods where flame spread, and flame penetration are the basic criteria. Different additional measurements are made depending on the test method.
The four tests essentially break down to:
- Test 1: the method with burning wood
- Test 2: the method with burning wood and wind
- Test 3: the method with burning wood, wind and radiation
- Test 4: the method in two steps, with burning wood, wind and radiation
We offer all four European roof tests (exposure to external fire), covering the whole European market for Broof classifications (test 1, test 2, test 3, test 4) as well as being able to test according to BS 476-3 for the UK market.
The specific standards we test to are:
- CEN/TS 1187: Test methods for external fire exposure to roofs (test 1 to 4)
- EN 13501-5 (classification): Classification using data from external fire exposure to roofs tests
- CEN/TS 16459 (exap): Extended application of test results from CEN/TS 1187
- BS 476-3: Classification and method of test for external fire exposure to roofs
There is no link or hierarchy between the different test methods. Each test is separate from the other.
Contact Details and Related Services
Contact us today on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us today on: email@example.com
Contact us today on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us today on: email@example.com
Articles and Blogs
Warringtonfire has a library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.
Find out how we test our customers passive fire protection products, to meet British, European and International standards in support of both CE marking and other third-party certification programs.
Find out more about how we can offer a range of fire inspection, consultancy and engineering to complement our other services.
Find out how about our a range of fire and non-fire third party certification to complement our other services.