Warringtonfire has substantial experience undertaking fire and life safety design services on urban infastructure projects. This includes involvement at all stages of these projects.
What does fire engineering for infrastructure involve?
Railways, underground train stations and tunnels do not fit neatly into the requirements under the Building Code. Compliance with the deemed-to-satisfy provisions can lead to significant design constraints. Through the application of relevant international design standards such as NFPA 130, a fire safety engineer is able to rationalise the design of a railway station while still maintaining the level of safety for occupants. Fire safety engineering for infrastructure also involves:
- Demonstrating compliance with project specific deeds and contract requirements.
- Risk assessments to show that fire safety risks have been reduced so far is reasonably practical (SFAIRP) or as low as reasonably practical (ALARP).
- Fire and evacuation modelling to demonstrate tenability for occupant evacuation.
- Use of relevant national and international design standards – such as NFPA 130 and
- Compliance with relevant Australian legislation where required such as Rails Safety National Law.
- Compliance with the National Construction Code where required for stations and other traditional building structures.
What types of infrastructure does Warringtonfire specialize in?
- Railway and metro underground stations and associated tunnels
- Road tunnels
- Associated ancillary and support buildings.
We have considerable experience in providing fire safety strategies and design advice for railways, underground train stations, and tunnels. Our experience involves applying performance-based fire safety engineering to develop a holistic design strategy for emergency evacuations, smoke control, fire compartmentation and the fire rating of loadbearing elements – all based on fundamental fire safety engineering principles.
We have a clear understanding of the various design issues and options that are available for infrastructure projects and are ready to work closely with the project team to develop a practical and cost-effective solution to achieve the client’s objectives.
Why Warringtonfire for your infrastructure project?
Our fire engineering experts in Australia are experienced in providing fire and life safety strategy design advice. Their expertise covers applying performance-based fire safety engineering in the development of holistic design strategies for emergency evacuation, smoke control, fire compartmentation and fire rating of loadbearing elements, based on fundamental fire safety engineering principles.
Warringtonfire’s fire safety engineers have an expert understanding of the various design issues and options that are available and are ready to work closely with stakeholders and approval authorities to develop practical and cost effective solutions that achieve your objectives.
Warringtonfire has substantial experience undertaking fire and life safety design services on urban infastructure projects such as the Sydney Metro Project. This includes involvement at alll stages of these projects:
- Support for production of reference design and project specifications
- Deatiled design and acting as the qualifed fire safety engineer
- Proof engineer and peer review services.
- Technical advice to operators.
Analysis and Assessment Services
Warringtonfire offers a range of analysis and assessment services relating to fire engineering, from modelling to evaluation of risk. Our team of experts use a range of analytical tools, based on the needs of the project.
Regulatory and Compliance Services
Warringtonfire’s team of fire engineering experts in Australia offer a range of services to help you comply with Australian fire safety regulations.
Fire Safety Advice Services
Warringtonfire’s team of fire safety engineering experts in Australia have extensive experience with fire safety issues and can recommend the most innovative, cost-effective solutions. We can provide advice on how compliance with the requirements of the National Construction Code can be achieved for specific aspects of the design throughout the entire design process.
Warringtonfire has substantial experience undertaking fire and life safety design services on urban infrastructure projects. This includes involvement at all stages of these projects.
Structural Fire Engineering
Support on your overall fire strategy including structural fire engineering.