Amy Dowie is a fire safety consultant at the Warringtonfire Canberra office. She is responsible for providing consultancy advice and undertaking fire safety engineering assessments for various projects.
Amy Dowie is a fire safety consultant at the Warringtonfire Canberra office. She is currently undertaking her Master of Fire Protection Engineering at University of Maryland.
Amy is responsible for providing consultancy advice and undertaking fire safety engineering assessments for a variety of projects. She has experience working of large-scale complex projects for both new and existing developments including shopping malls, government buildings and educational institutes.
Amy develops innovative solutions which are performance-based to address issues which arise during all stages in the project. She has experience using computational tools such as egress modelling and fire scenario calculations to provide quality outcomes within both time and budget restraints. She works with all stakeholders to provide positive results for both clients and compliance with the national construction code.
Amy won FPA Australia’s, Young Achiever Award in 2021 and is passionate about encouraging more women into the industry.
- Parliament House, Canberra
- Canberra International Airport
- Union Court, Canberra
- Midnight, Canberra
- Canberra Centre, Canberra
- Majura Park Shopping Centre, Canberra
- Building 1, Canberra Hospital
- National Museum of Australia, Canberra
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (majoring in Electronics and Communications) - Australian National University
- Undertaking Master of Fire Protection Engineering - University of Maryland
- Member - Engineers Australia
- Committee member - National Association of Women in Construction