About Warringtonfire Melbourne Test Laboratory
Warringtonfire Australia provide independent fire testing including fire resistance testing, reaction to fire testing and bushfire testing at our NATA accredited laboratory in Dandenong, Melbourne, Victoria.
For over 30 years, Warringtonfire Melbourne test laboratory has been helping clients locally and around the world achieve a competitive advantage, market entry and regulatory compliance in our core service lines.
We have established an extensive presence in Australia with significant test capabilities at our Melbourne test laboratory in addition to our consulting offices located across five capital cities.
Warringtonfire Australia is an ISO 17025 Accredited Laboratory and has been accredited by NATA for a comprehensive range of capabilities for reaction to fire testing and fire resistance testing across most global standards.
Warringtonfire Melbourne test laboratory service offering
Our service offering covers a wide range of Australian standards as well as other global standards, including BS, EN, IMO, ISO, ASTM, UL and NFPA.
We specialise in:
Warringtonfire Australia also provide a fire assessments service, and can work with clients on a test and assessments program to reduce the testing cost, or to provide wider scope of variations based on testing already carried out. Please contact our team.
Warringtonfire Australia is set up to evaluate combustibility, ignition, flame spread, heat release and smoke generation.
Our capability for reaction to fire testing includes:
- AS ISO 9705: Full scale room burn for internal wall and ceiling linings
- AS 3837 / ISO 5660-1: Cone calorimeter to determine heat and smoke release rates
- AS 5113: Full scale façade test for classification of external walls
- AS 1530.1: Combustibility test for materials
- AS 1530.2: Flammability of materials
- AS 1530.3: determination of ignitability, flame propagation, heat release and smoke release
- ISO 1716: method for the determination of the gross heat of combustion of products using the bomb calorimeter
- AS ISO 9239: Determination of the burning behaviour using a radiant heat source
- ASTM D5630: Measurement of ash content in plastics
Our advanced laboratory has the capability to test both vertical and horizontal constructions to prove fire resistance performance under standard heating regimes and hydrocarbon regimes. In addition to our comprehensive range of standardised product testing, we also conduct many bespoke investigations which range from desktop analysis to complex large-scale projects.
Our capability for fire resistance testing includes:
AS 1530.4 Methods for Fire Tests on Building Materials, Components and Structures - Fire-resistance tests for Elements of Construction
- Wall and partitions
- Floors, roofs and ceilings
- Columns, beams, girders and trusses - Structural steelwork protection
- Timber and steel fire doorsets and shutter systems
- Glazed systems
- Air ducts
- Service penetrations and control joints
- Fire damper and air transfer grilles in ducts
- Critical services
AS 1530.7 Methods for Fire Tests on Building Materials, Components and Structures - Smoke control door and shutter assemblies - Ambient and medium temperature leakage
- Doors, shutters, seals
AS/NZS 3013 Classification of the fire and mechanical performance of wiring system elements
- Power, communication, cables
- Junction boxes and enclosures
- Cable tray and ladder systems
AS 1530.8.1 and AS 1530.8.2 Methods for fire tests on building materials, components and structures - Tests on elements of construction for buildings exposed to simulated bushfire attack
- External walls
- Glazed vertical elements – windows and doors
- Roofs, fascia and gutters
- Skylights and roof windows
- Service penetrations
- Sub-floor spaces
IMO Resolution MSC 307 (88) – 2020 FTP Code
- Bulkheads and decks
Certifire certification at Warringtonfire Melbourne
Warringtonfire Australia also offer an independent third-party certification scheme, Certifire, at our Melbourne location. The Certifire APAC scheme assures performance, quality, reliability and traceability of products and systems.
The Certifire brand is recognised by regulatory authorities worldwide as an international mark of fire safety across a diverse range of passive fire products.
Our expert certification teams can support customers across Australia and the Pacific region. Please contact our team to find out more.
Reaction to Fire
Find out how we help our customers to evaluate ignition, flame spread, heat release, smoke generation and toxicity for their materials, products and systems.
Find out how we test our customers passive fire protection products, to meet British, European and International standards in support of both CE marking and other third-party certification programs.
Find out how our Melbourne laboratory became the first laboratory to be NATA accredited to perform bushfire testing to AS 1530.8.1 and AS 1530.8.2
Find out more about our UKAS accredited independent third party certification scheme, Certifire.