Each vehicle model typically has a uniquely designed fuel tank; to be fit for use and demonstrate itself as a safe and reputable option it is essential to test to relevant standards. By participating in fire resistance fuel tank testing, you can ensure the product meets these standards, allowing the product to go to market.
What is Fuel Tank Testing?
Fire resistance testing for fuel tanks is a process in which individual tank units in whole vehicles or mock-ups are tested for their ability to resist fire. This destructive test process replicates the tank's intended end use. Reports will consider how the material responds in a fire situation and offer tweaks to improve this for future iterations if it currently does not meet the standard.
Benefits of Fuel Tank testing
- Type approval process of tank systems can be achieved in combination with technical services, reducing administration time
- Reduce potentially expensive, time-consuming product recalls. Identify performance, safety, and quality considerations during the product development process and through post-production inspection and testing before product launch.
- Provide your buyers with confidence. By demonstrating independent verification of your claims regarding quality, safety and reliability while working with an experienced testing laboratory, potential clients will feel more confident in choosing your product.
- Ensure that your unique fuel tank solutions meet regulations. Meet the strict quality and safety requirements during the product development phase, avoiding the need to alter your product further along in production.
- Create a competitive advantage. Demonstrate that your product can compete with other suppliers by establishing a reputation of quality, safety, and reputability.
What is the Fuel Tank Testing Process?
We have an experienced team that performs the tests. Including the assembly and disassembly of the tanks. Additionally, we offer temperature measurement and test with pressurized tanks for hybrid vehicles. All services in accordance with the standard and in agreement with customers and responsible for the type of approval process technical services.
Why Choose Fuel Tank testing with Warringtonfire?
Warringtonfire regularly completes fuel tank fire resistance testing in accordance with UN ECE R 34 Annex 5 Paragraph 5. This procedure has a UN broad scope meaning products can be sold across a large market pool. With more than 30 years of experience and as a recognised test centre by the KBA, our Frankfurt Laboratory experts can provide a full scope of related services, including the preparation of the car bodies, the testing itself and reports of our findings.
Our fuel tank testing procedure is able to offer competitive turnaround rates:
- Testing of a singular tank – this is a quick test process, with final reports typically being produced within three months.
- Homologation of a system – this whole vehicle testing process is carried out over two days, with final reports produced within 3-6 months.
- Dependent from available test slots, we can arrange testing within 1-2 weeks after request
- Fast testing of fuel systems ( average 3 Tanks per day )
- Final reports possible within 1-2 weeks after testing
Find out how our Melbourne laboratory became the first laboratory to be NATA accredited to perform bushfire testing to AS 1530.8.1 and AS 1530.8.2
Doorsets and Hardware Testing
Find out about our full range of accredited door fire testing services and fire resistance testing for door hardware (such as locks, latches, hinges, closers, exit devices and kick plates).
Find out about our fire resistance duct testing capabilities available from our BELAC accredited laboratory in Gent.
Fire Stopping Product Testing
Find out about our UKAS, BELAC and NATA accredited fire stopping product testing services designed to meet British, European and International standards.
Floor and Suspended Ceilings
Warringtonfire can provide reaction to fire, combustibility, as well as fire resistance, testing for all your floor and suspended ceiling system requirements
Glass and Glazing Systems Testing
Find out about our UKAS, BELAC and NATA accredited glass and glazing systems fire testing services designed to meet British, European and International standards.
One Site One Solution Testing Services
Save time, reduce costs and increase market access by using our UKAS accredited testing laboratory in High Wycombe UK for acoustic, smoke and fire testing.
Smoke Curtains and Components
Learn how Warringtonfire’s smoke curtain testing to various standards, including BS and EN, can help you meet building regulations requirements.
Smoke Leakage Testing
Find out about our smoke leakage testing services (to EN 1634 Part 3, BS 476 Part 31.1 and AS 1530.7), for door and shutter assemblies, openable windows and other elements of building hardware.
Structural Steelwork Protection Testing
Find out how our team of engaged experts can work with you to create a design-led, cost-effective structural steelwork protection test programme with on-going support.
Wall and Partition Systems Testing
Find out how we perform accredited walls and partitions fire resistance testing to British, European and International standards.